WHAT IS LIFELINE?
Lifeline is a government benefit program that provides discounts on monthly telephone service for eligible low-income subscribers to help ensure they can connect to the nation’s communication networks, find jobs, access healthcare services, connect with family, and friends. Lifeline is supported by the federal Universal Service Fund (USF).
You must use your Lifeline service at least once during any 30 day period by completing an outbound call or text message using your data plan, to keep your account active. if your service goes unused for 30 days, subject to a 15-day cure period during which you may use your service, you will no longer be eligible for Lifeline benefits and your service will be deactivated (allowing only 911 calls and calls to StandUp Wireless customer care center.)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Lifeline Eligibility Criteria:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans pension and Survivor’s Benefit
- 135% of Federal poverty Guidelines or Below
- 150% of Federal poverty Guidelines or Below: CA, MI
- Additional State Programs may apply in CA, MI